31. Which of the following cannot be considered a feature of constructivist mathematics teaching? 1. The objective elements of the type examination shall be used as the main means of assessment. (2) The links between mathematics and other curricular fields are highlighted. 3. Particular attention shall be paid to the role of language and dialogue in the learning of mathematics. (4) The teacher recognizes that students can build multiple understandings from a particular interaction. 42. Which of the following numbers is in third place if the numbers are listed in ascending order? 7.07, 7.70, 7.707, 7.007, 0.77 (1) 7.07 (2) 7.707 (3) 7.70 (4) 7.007 directions: Answer the following questions by choosing the right/most appropriate options. 33. Which of the following activities is best suited for the development of spatial understanding in children? (1) Record the time of moonrise (2) Display numbers on a line of numbers (3) Draw the top view of a bottle (4) Locate cities on a map Statement “Visualization is an important aspect of mathematics” because it is an aspect of mathematics that allows you to understand and explore mathematical phenomena through visualization. 38.
Which of the following is an indicator of mathematical thinking? (1) Ability to calculate efficiently. (2) Ability to remember the right formulas in different situations. (3) Ability to provide definitions of mathematical concepts. (4) Ability to justify a mathematical method. 35. Identify the nature of the following word problem: “I have 6 pencils. Manish has two more than me. How many pencils does Manish have? (1) Take-away addition (2) Take-away subtraction (3) Comparison addition (4) Comparison subtraction 34. Which of the following does NOT apply to learning mathematics? (1) Students` socio-economic background influences their performance in mathematics. (2) The language of instruction of the school may affect the child`s mathematical performance. (3) The ability to perform and excel in mathematics is innate.
(4) Teachers` beliefs about learners have a strong impact on learning outcomes. 36. Which of the following does NOT apply to the Hindu-Arabic numbering system? (1) It follows the Basic 2 system. (2) It is multiplicative in nature. 3. The position of a digit in a number determines its value. (4) It is additive in nature. For a constructivist view of mathematics, it is necessary to visualize the concept. Therefore, the statement “Visualization is an important aspect of mathematics” is consistent with the constructivist view of mathematics. 32. Which of the following statements conforms to the constructivist view of mathematics? (1) Mathematics is completely objective. (2) Visualization is an important aspect of mathematics.
(3) Mathematics is about learning facts. (4) Mathematicians must discover truths. » 39. The price list of vegetables in a supermarket is given as follows: Article Quantity Price () Tomato 1 kg Potato 2 kg Carrot 250 g Bottled pumpkin 1 kg Peppers 100 g Lemon 4 pieces Sanjay buys 1/2 kg of tomatoes, 1 kg of potatoes, 1/2 kg of carrots, 250 g of peppers and 6 lemons. It gives the issuer of the invoice at the counter a score of 200. How much money will he get back? (1) ₹86.50 (2) ₹97.50 (3) ₹112.50 (4) ₹87.50 CTET paper 1 – 8 December 2019 – MATHEMATICS (answer key) Test in English: CTET exam paper 1 to 8. December 2019 – Part 1 MATHEMATICS (answer key). Central Teacher Eligibility Test (CTET) on 8/12/2019, Paper 1 (Grades 1 to 5).
45. The side of a square measures 4 cm. It is cut into 4 equal squares. What is the surface of each small square? (1) 16 cm (2) 8 cm (3) 4 cm (4) 1 cm 43. In a five-digit number, the number in the tenth place is 8, the number in the position of the unit is a quarter of the figure in the tenth place, the number in thousands is 0, the number in hundreds is twice as large as that of the units, and the figure in tens of thousands is three times larger than the figure in the place of the unit. What is the number? (1) 46028 (2) 60482 (3) 64082 (4) 64028. 37. Do you identify a desirable practice for teaching geometry in primary education? (1) Children should have sufficient opportunities to develop an intuitive understanding of space. (2) The development of a complete geometric vocabulary does not need to be an objective at the primary level. (3) Geometry at the primary level should be limited to the recognition of simple basic shapes. (4) The teacher must begin by giving clear definitions of simple forms and showing examples.
44. Three brands of A, B and Care pens in packs of 10, 12 and 24 pieces respectively. If a store owner wants to buy the same number of Cach brand pens, what is the minimum number of packages of each brand that he should buy? (1) A = 10, B = 5, C = 12 (2) A = 12, B = 10, C = 5 (3) A = 10, B = 12, C = 5 (4) A = 5, B = 12, C = 10 41. The cost of parking the car in a station car park is indicated as follows: (a) Up to 2 hours – ₹50 (b) More than 2 hours and up to 5 hours – ₹75 (c) After 5 hours – ₹10 per additional hour up to 8 hours. (d) More than 8 hours and until 12 hours – ₹150(e) More than 12 hours and up to 24 hours – ₹250 Rajeev parks his car at 7:00 .m. m. and comes back to pick her up .m at 4:30 p.m.m the same day. How much money does he have to pay? (1) 130 (2) 100 (3) 135 (4) 3150 Examination paper: Paper 1 (Grades 1 to 5) Examination part: Part 2 (MATHEMATICS) Examination organiser: CBSE (Central Board of Secondary Education) Examination date: 08/12/2019 Examination time: 9.30 a.m. to 12.00 p.m. General question: 30th D. Visualization is an important aspect of mathematics.
mathematicians must discover the “truths.” . 40. I am a 2-digit number. The number in tens and the number in units are sequential primes. The sum of the digits is a multiple of 3 and 4. The number is (1) 35 (2) 13 (3) 57 (4) 23. . .